Types of Energy Meters and Their Working Principles

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Energy Meter or Watt-Hour Meter is an electrical instrument that measures the amount of electrical energy used by the consumers. Utilities are one of the electrical departments, which install these instruments at every place like homes, industries, organizations, commercial buildings to charge for the electricity consumption by loads such as lights, fans, refrigerator, and other home appliances.

The basic unit of power in watts and it is measured by using a Din Rail Energy Meter. One thousand watts make one kilowatt. If one uses one kilowatt in one-hour duration, one unit of energy gets consumed. So energy meters measure the rapid voltage and currents, calculate their product and give instantaneous power. This power is integrated over a time interval, which gives the energy utilized over that time period.
Types of Energy Meters
The energy meters are classified into two basic categories, such as:
  • Electromechanical Type Induction Meter

• Electronic Energy Meter
The electricity supply connection may be either single phase or three phase depending on the supply utilized by the domestic or commercial installations. Particularly in this article, we are going to study about the working principles of single-phase electromechanical induction type energy meter and also about three-phase electronic energy meter from the explanation of two basic energy meters as described below.
Single Phase Electromechanical Induction Energy Meter
It is a well-known and most common type of age-old Smart Energy Meter. It comprises a rotating aluminum disc placed on a spindle between two electromagnets. The rotation speed of the disc is proportional to the power, and this power is integrated by the use of gear trains and counter mechanisms. It is made of two silicon steel laminated electromagnets: shunt and series magnets.

What Does Surge Protector Mean?
Voltage Protector is an electrical device that is used to protect equipment against power surges and voltage spikes while blocking voltage over a safe threshold (approximately 120 V). When a threshold is over 120V, a surge protector shorts to ground voltage or blocks the voltage. Without a surge protector, anything higher than 120V can create component issues, such as permanent damage, reduced lifespan of internal devices, burned wires and data loss. A surge protector is usually installed in communications structures, process control systems, power distribution panels or other substantial industrialized systems. Smaller versions are typically installed in electrical service entrances located office buildings and residences.
A voltage spike is a short upsurge of voltage intensity that occurs when a surge sustains longer voltage intensity. A power strip, which is sometimes mistaken for a surge protector, uses a male electrical plug outlet and may or may not have a built-in surge protector. Most power strips are clearly labeled. A common misconception is that surge protectors always protect against lightning, which can create sudden and increased electrical pressure (thousands of volts or greater). Generally, a surge protector has a slight operational delay, but an Over And Under Voltage Protector fuse can blow during a lightning surge and cut off all current.
Surge protector components and features include:
  • An iron core transformer transfers alternating current (AC) power but cannot absorb sudden surges.

• A zener diode protects against common circuit spikes and is sometimes combined with a transient voltage suppression diode.

• If a circuit breaker is out or blows a fuse, a surge protector provides internal protection and protects against device and exterior surges.

• An uninterruptible power supply takes in spikes using a low pass filter and allows external power beyond the battery, which supplies uninterrupted power.

• A metal oxide varistor (MOV) is thermal fused and limits voltage three to four times that of a regular current. Parallel MOV connections expand life expectancy and increase current capacity. If exposed to many large transients or numerous small transients, MOVs can self-destruct.
What Is a Power Supply?
A power supply is an electrical device that converts the electric current that comes from a power source to the voltage value necessary for powering a load, like a motor or an electronic device.

There are two main designs for power supplies: a linear power supply and a Switching Power Supply.
  • Linear: A linear power supply designs use a transformer to step down the input voltage. Then the voltage is rectified and turned into a direct current voltage, which is then filtered to improve the waveform quality. Linear power supplies use linear regulators to maintain a constant voltage at the output. These linear regulators dissipate any extra energy in the form of heat.

• Switching: A switching power supply design is a newer methodology developed to solve many of the problems associated with linear power supply design, including transformer size and voltage regulation. In switching power supply designs, the input voltage is no longer reduced; instead, it’s rectified and filtered at the input. Then the voltage goes through a chopper, which converts it into a high-frequency pulse train. Before the voltage reaches the output, it’s filtered and rectified once again.
How Does a Switching Power Supply Work?
For many years, linear AC/DC power supplies have been transforming AC power from the utility grid into DC voltage for running home appliances or lighting. The need for smaller supplies for high-power applications means linear power supplies have become relegated to specific industrial and medical uses, where they are still needed because of their low noise. But Switched-Mode Power Supply has taken over because it is smaller, more efficient, and is capable of handling high power.
Répondre en citant ce message Répondre
Energy Meter or Watt-Hour Meter is an electrical instrument that measures the amount of electrical energy used by the consumers. Utilities are one of the electrical departments, which install these instruments at every place like homes, industries, organizations, commercial buildings to charge for the electricity consumption by loads such as lights, fans, refrigerator, and other home appliances.

The basic unit of power in watts and it is measured by using a Din Rail Energy Meter. One thousand watts make one kilowatt. If one uses one kilowatt in one-hour duration, one unit of energy gets consumed. So energy meters measure the rapid voltage and currents, calculate their product and give instantaneous power. This power is integrated over a time interval, which gives the energy utilized over that time period.
Types of Energy Meters
The energy meters are classified into two basic categories, such as:
  • Electromechanical Type Induction Meter

• Electronic Energy Meter
The electricity supply connection may be either single phase or three phase depending on the supply utilized by the domestic or commercial installations. Particularly in this article, we are going to study about the working principles of single-phase electromechanical induction type energy meter and also about three-phase electronic energy meter from the explanation of two basic energy meters as described below.
Single Phase Electromechanical Induction Energy Meter
It is a well-known and most common type of age-old Smart Energy Meter. It comprises a rotating aluminum disc placed on a spindle between two electromagnets. The rotation speed of the disc is proportional to the power, and this power is integrated by the use of gear trains and counter mechanisms. It is made of two silicon steel laminated electromagnets: shunt and series magnets.

What Does Surge Protector Mean?
Voltage Protector is an electrical device that is used to protect equipment against power surges and voltage spikes while blocking voltage over a safe threshold (approximately 120 V). When a threshold is over 120V, a surge protector shorts to ground voltage or blocks the voltage. Without a surge protector, anything higher than 120V can create component issues, such as permanent damage, reduced lifespan of internal devices, burned wires and data loss. A surge protector is usually installed in communications structures, process control systems, power distribution panels or other substantial industrialized systems. Smaller versions are typically installed in electrical service entrances located office buildings and residences.
A voltage spike is a short upsurge of voltage intensity that occurs when a surge sustains longer voltage intensity. A power strip, which is sometimes mistaken for a surge protector, uses a male electrical plug outlet and may or may not have a built-in surge protector. Most power strips are clearly labeled. A common misconception is that surge protectors always protect against lightning, which can create sudden and increased electrical pressure (thousands of volts or greater). Generally, a surge protector has a slight operational delay, but an Over And Under Voltage Protector fuse can blow during a lightning surge and cut off all current.
Surge protector components and features include:
  • An iron core transformer transfers alternating current (AC) power but cannot absorb sudden surges.

• A zener diode protects against common circuit spikes and is sometimes combined with a transient voltage suppression diode.

• If a circuit breaker is out or blows a fuse, a surge protector provides internal protection and protects against device and exterior surges.

• An uninterruptible power supply takes in spikes using a low pass filter and allows external power beyond the battery, which supplies uninterrupted power.

• A metal oxide varistor (MOV) is thermal fused and limits voltage three to four times that of a regular current. Parallel MOV connections expand life expectancy and increase current capacity. If exposed to many large transients or numerous small transients, MOVs can self-destruct.
What Is a Power Supply?
A power supply is an electrical device that converts the electric current that comes from a power source to the voltage value necessary for powering a load, like a motor or an electronic device.

There are two main designs for power supplies: a linear power supply and a Switching Power Supply.
  • Linear: A linear power supply designs use a transformer to step down the input voltage. Then the voltage is rectified and turned into a direct current voltage, which is then filtered to improve the waveform quality. Linear power supplies use linear regulators to maintain a constant voltage at the output. These linear regulators dissipate any extra energy in the form of heat.

• Switching: A switching power supply design is a newer methodology developed to solve many of the problems associated with linear power supply design, including transformer size and voltage regulation. In switching power supply designs, the input voltage is no longer reduced; instead, it’s rectified and filtered at the input. Then the voltage goes through a chopper, which converts it into a high-frequency pulse train. Before the voltage reaches the output, it’s filtered and rectified once again.
How Does a Switching Power Supply Work?
For many years, linear AC/DC power supplies have been transforming AC power from the utility grid into DC voltage for running home appliances or lighting. The need for smaller supplies for high-power applications means linear power supplies have become relegated to specific industrial and medical uses, where they are still needed because of their low noise. But Switched-Mode Power Supply has taken over because it is smaller, more efficient, and is capable of handling high power.
Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! The Smoothie Diet
Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! The Smoothie Diet
Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Guide bab5ff7
Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Guide bab5ff7
In reply to the lady asking about wheelchair scooter rental, scooterbug inc orlando fl, buena vista rentals orlando florida, shared scooter, downtown disney scooter rental, electric scooter hire, I highly recommend this discover more here about wheelchair rental Orlando link or best price scooters orlando, wheelchair universal studios, universal studios ecv rental, best wheelchair rental orlando, disney springs wheelchair rental, disney wheelchair rentals, alongside all this great ecv rental Orlando url on top of scooter rental seaworld orlando, scooter electric rental, motor scooter hire, silver dollar city scooter rentals, mobility scooter rental orlando, scooter sharing business, not to mention this great scooter rental near me info which is also great. Also, have a look at this additional reading about ecv rental Orlando tips and don't forget tier e scooter sharing, scooter rental, wheelchair rental hollywood studios, 125cc scooter hire, zig zag scooter sharing, buena vista rentals orlando fl, alongside all this excellent Orlando mobility scooter rentals site on top of handicap scooter rentals orlando florida, 125cc scooter hire, buena vista scooters orlando florida, rideshare scooters near me, monthly scooter rental, lime scooter bike, not to mention the original source about scooter rental Disney World url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great scooter rental near me advice not to mention electric scooter rental bird, go sharing moped, electric scooter rental disneyland, best scooter for disney world, mobility scooter hire in orlando florida, electric scooter for hire, as well as this best wheelchair rental Orlando site as well as walt disney world ecv rental, electric scooter orlando florida, animal kingdom scooter rental, buena vista scooter rentals orlando, senior scooter rental, electric scooter rideshare, on top of at yahoo on mobility scooter rental Orlando url as well as epcot scooter rental location, rent orlando scooters, spin scooter website, disney mobility scooter rental, disney world handicap scooter rental, kick scooter sharing, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this best scooter rental near me info with renting electric scooters near me, ev scooter rental, electric scooter rental disneyland, rent a motor scooter, double scooter rental disney world, rental e scooter, for good measure. Check more @ Recommended Orlando Mobility Scooter Rentals Guide ff713d6
In reply to the lady asking about wheelchair scooter rental, scooterbug inc orlando fl, buena vista rentals orlando florida, shared scooter, downtown disney scooter rental, electric scooter hire, I highly recommend this discover more here about wheelchair rental Orlando link or best price scooters orlando, wheelchair universal studios, universal studios ecv rental, best wheelchair rental orlando, disney springs wheelchair rental, disney wheelchair rentals, alongside all this great ecv rental Orlando url on top of scooter rental seaworld orlando, scooter electric rental, motor scooter hire, silver dollar city scooter rentals, mobility scooter rental orlando, scooter sharing business, not to mention this great scooter rental near me info which is also great. Also, have a look at this additional reading about ecv rental Orlando tips and don't forget tier e scooter sharing, scooter rental, wheelchair rental hollywood studios, 125cc scooter hire, zig zag scooter sharing, buena vista rentals orlando fl, alongside all this excellent Orlando mobility scooter rentals site on top of handicap scooter rentals orlando florida, 125cc scooter hire, buena vista scooters orlando florida, rideshare scooters near me, monthly scooter rental, lime scooter bike, not to mention the original source about scooter rental Disney World url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great scooter rental near me advice not to mention electric scooter rental bird, go sharing moped, electric scooter rental disneyland, best scooter for disney world, mobility scooter hire in orlando florida, electric scooter for hire, as well as this best wheelchair rental Orlando site as well as walt disney world ecv rental, electric scooter orlando florida, animal kingdom scooter rental, buena vista scooter rentals orlando, senior scooter rental, electric scooter rideshare, on top of at yahoo on mobility scooter rental Orlando url as well as epcot scooter rental location, rent orlando scooters, spin scooter website, disney mobility scooter rental, disney world handicap scooter rental, kick scooter sharing, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this best scooter rental near me info with renting electric scooters near me, ev scooter rental, electric scooter rental disneyland, rent a motor scooter, double scooter rental disney world, rental e scooter, for good measure. Check more @ Recommended Orlando Mobility Scooter Rentals Guide ff713d6
In reply to the guy talking about bemer therapy near me, soft laser therapy, laser soft tissue therapy, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, használt bemer készülék eladó, safe laser vélemények, I highly suggest this at yahoo about haglund sarok blog or the bemer, soft laser, safe laser 1800 ár, bemer microcirculation therapy, bemer vascular therapy near me, bemer vascular, not to mention this awesome safe laser bérlés forum alongside all the bemer, safe laser 1800 vélemények, bemer circulation mat, bemer therapy cost, safe laser vásárlás, bemer treatment, and don't forget this article source on safe laser 500 forum which is also great. Also, have a look at this recommended reading about soft laser tips and don't forget laser soft tissue therapy, bemer circulation, bemer electromagnetic machine, safe laser 1800 vélemények, safe laser vélemények, bemer mat therapy near me, on top of this read this about sarkantyú kezelése házilag url as well as zúzódás tünetei, bemer microcirculation therapy, the bemer medical device, bemer electromagnetic, safe laser kölcsönzés, safe laser tapasztalatok, and don't forget full article on soft laser site which is also worth a look. I also recommend this updated soft laser tips and don't forget bemer microcirculation device, bütyök kezelés, bemer vascular, bemer rental cost, safe laser 1800, bemer electromagnetic machine, and don't forget this useful soft laser url as well as bemer therapy mat cost, bemer vascular therapy near me, bemer machine for healing, the bemer mat, bemer machine, safe laser 500 infra, not to mention cool soft laser advice as well as bemer pad cost, bemer oxygen, safe laser 500 ár, bemer rental near me, the bemer pad, bemer electromagnetic mat, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this his explanation on lágylézer info with bemer treatment, zúzódás kezelése, bemer for humans, safe laser 1800 vélemények, beamer healing device, bemer mat cost, for good measure. Check more @ High Rated Business Massage Tips 3d69628
In reply to the guy talking about bemer therapy near me, soft laser therapy, laser soft tissue therapy, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, használt bemer készülék eladó, safe laser vélemények, I highly suggest this at yahoo about haglund sarok blog or the bemer, soft laser, safe laser 1800 ár, bemer microcirculation therapy, bemer vascular therapy near me, bemer vascular, not to mention this awesome safe laser bérlés forum alongside all the bemer, safe laser 1800 vélemények, bemer circulation mat, bemer therapy cost, safe laser vásárlás, bemer treatment, and don't forget this article source on safe laser 500 forum which is also great. Also, have a look at this recommended reading about soft laser tips and don't forget laser soft tissue therapy, bemer circulation, bemer electromagnetic machine, safe laser 1800 vélemények, safe laser vélemények, bemer mat therapy near me, on top of this read this about sarkantyú kezelése házilag url as well as zúzódás tünetei, bemer microcirculation therapy, the bemer medical device, bemer electromagnetic, safe laser kölcsönzés, safe laser tapasztalatok, and don't forget full article on soft laser site which is also worth a look. I also recommend this updated soft laser tips and don't forget bemer microcirculation device, bütyök kezelés, bemer vascular, bemer rental cost, safe laser 1800, bemer electromagnetic machine, and don't forget this useful soft laser url as well as bemer therapy mat cost, bemer vascular therapy near me, bemer machine for healing, the bemer mat, bemer machine, safe laser 500 infra, not to mention cool soft laser advice as well as bemer pad cost, bemer oxygen, safe laser 500 ár, bemer rental near me, the bemer pad, bemer electromagnetic mat, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this his explanation on lágylézer info with bemer treatment, zúzódás kezelése, bemer for humans, safe laser 1800 vélemények, beamer healing device, bemer mat cost, for good measure. Check more @ High Rated Business Massage Tips 3d69628
To the man talking about franze kafky, václav havel václav havel, jaroslav vrchlický, old woman name in czech republic, czech republic women names, czech republic male names, I highly recommend this he said on czech surname blog or jaroslav seifert, franz kafka praha, františek josef, emila holuba, hus jan, emil zátopek d?ti, and don't forget this my latest blog post for czech last name blog alongside all hus jan, czech republic female names, jan hus praha, common czech last names, czech republic women names, common czech surnames, as well as this cool czech names female details which is also great. Also, have a look at this updated czech surnames female blog alongside all václav havel d?ti, czech republic women names, popular czech last names, j seifert, werich jan, common czech names, as well as this updated czech last names tips not to mention medieval czech surnames, díla karla capka, josef sousedík, zrzavý jan, names of czech republic female, czech surnames and meanings, on top of great common czech last names info which is also worth a look. I also suggest this for beginners on czech female names and surnames link on top of names of czech republic female, václav havel život, mendel johann, czech republic surnames, zátopek emil, medieval czech surnames, alongside all this best czech female names link as well as emil zátopek medaile, holub emil, werich jan, karel ?apek, popular czech last names, czech police dog names, alongside all cool czech last names info as well as emila holuba, names of czech republic women, franze kafky, karel ?apek, josef sousedík, jan husa, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this breaking news about czech female names link with emil zátopek medaile, jan zrzavý, franz kafka cz, václav havel život, zrzavý jan, dilo karla capka, for good measure. Check more @ Top Rated Safe Laser Blog 9bab5ff
To the man talking about franze kafky, václav havel václav havel, jaroslav vrchlický, old woman name in czech republic, czech republic women names, czech republic male names, I highly recommend this he said on czech surname blog or jaroslav seifert, franz kafka praha, františek josef, emila holuba, hus jan, emil zátopek d?ti, and don't forget this my latest blog post for czech last name blog alongside all hus jan, czech republic female names, jan hus praha, common czech last names, czech republic women names, common czech surnames, as well as this cool czech names female details which is also great. Also, have a look at this updated czech surnames female blog alongside all václav havel d?ti, czech republic women names, popular czech last names, j seifert, werich jan, common czech names, as well as this updated czech last names tips not to mention medieval czech surnames, díla karla capka, josef sousedík, zrzavý jan, names of czech republic female, czech surnames and meanings, on top of great common czech last names info which is also worth a look. I also suggest this for beginners on czech female names and surnames link on top of names of czech republic female, václav havel život, mendel johann, czech republic surnames, zátopek emil, medieval czech surnames, alongside all this best czech female names link as well as emil zátopek medaile, holub emil, werich jan, karel ?apek, popular czech last names, czech police dog names, alongside all cool czech last names info as well as emila holuba, names of czech republic women, franze kafky, karel ?apek, josef sousedík, jan husa, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this breaking news about czech female names link with emil zátopek medaile, jan zrzavý, franz kafka cz, václav havel život, zrzavý jan, dilo karla capka, for good measure. Check more @ Top Rated Safe Laser Blog 9bab5ff
For the people asking about bemer therapy mat cost, bemer microcirculation, beamer healing device, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, beamer healing machine, beamer electric therapy, I highly recommend this resources on bemer bérlés url or safe laser vélemények, terapia bemer, safe laser tapasztalatok, safe laser ár, bemer bed therapy, soft laser therapy, as well as this learn more here for bemer kezelés otthon advice alongside all bemer mat, beamer healing machine, bemer rental near me, bemer bérlés, safe laser 500, bemer therapy machine, and don't forget this awesome bemer bérlés forum which is also great. Also, have a look at this click here on bemer bérlés tips not to mention bemer machine for healing, safe laser bérlés, safe laser vásárlás, the bemer machine, bemer oxygen therapy, safe laser kölcsönzés, alongside all this updated bemer bérlés details and don't forget bemer bed therapy, cost of bemer therapy, safe laser vélemények, bemer machine for circulation, bemer healing, safe laser 150 ár, and don't forget high rated bemer bérlés árak url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this read this post here for bemer bérlés tips and don't forget bemer machine near me, safe laser 500 részletre, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, bemer therapy cost, safe laser bérlés, safe laser használata, alongside all this her latest blog on bemer bérlés blog as well as bemer evo, bemer mat, használt bemer készülék eladó, soft laser treatment, soft laser therapy, bemer near me, and don't forget straight from the source about bemer bérlés url alongside all bemer healing, safe laser fülzúgás, safe laser ellenjavallat, bemer machine for healing, bemer matrac, safe laser készülék, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this published here for bemer bérlés site with safe laser fülzúgás, bemer magnetic therapy, bemer ágy, bemer mat therapy, bemer bérlés, safe laser kölcsönzés, for good measure. Check more @ Great Czech Female Names And Surnames Website 067d79b
For the people asking about bemer therapy mat cost, bemer microcirculation, beamer healing device, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, beamer healing machine, beamer electric therapy, I highly recommend this resources on bemer bérlés url or safe laser vélemények, terapia bemer, safe laser tapasztalatok, safe laser ár, bemer bed therapy, soft laser therapy, as well as this learn more here for bemer kezelés otthon advice alongside all bemer mat, beamer healing machine, bemer rental near me, bemer bérlés, safe laser 500, bemer therapy machine, and don't forget this awesome bemer bérlés forum which is also great. Also, have a look at this click here on bemer bérlés tips not to mention bemer machine for healing, safe laser bérlés, safe laser vásárlás, the bemer machine, bemer oxygen therapy, safe laser kölcsönzés, alongside all this updated bemer bérlés details and don't forget bemer bed therapy, cost of bemer therapy, safe laser vélemények, bemer machine for circulation, bemer healing, safe laser 150 ár, and don't forget high rated bemer bérlés árak url which is also worth a look. I also recommend this read this post here for bemer bérlés tips and don't forget bemer machine near me, safe laser 500 részletre, zúzódás otthoni kezelése, bemer therapy cost, safe laser bérlés, safe laser használata, alongside all this her latest blog on bemer bérlés blog as well as bemer evo, bemer mat, használt bemer készülék eladó, soft laser treatment, soft laser therapy, bemer near me, and don't forget straight from the source about bemer bérlés url alongside all bemer healing, safe laser fülzúgás, safe laser ellenjavallat, bemer machine for healing, bemer matrac, safe laser készülék, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this published here for bemer bérlés site with safe laser fülzúgás, bemer magnetic therapy, bemer ágy, bemer mat therapy, bemer bérlés, safe laser kölcsönzés, for good measure. Check more @ Great Czech Female Names And Surnames Website 067d79b
Please try Google before asking about New Product Guide bab5ff7
Please try Google before asking about New Product Guide bab5ff7
Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Site ec788cf
Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Site ec788cf
Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Website bab5ff7
Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Website bab5ff7

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)

LUMIWEB.FR est un forum en rapport avec le Webmarketing en général. Ce forum d'entraide est dédié aux blogueurs, influenceurs, infopreneurs, webmarketeurs, community managers & webentrepreneurs. Référencement, publicité, contributions, etc., n'hésitez pas à activement participer. Vive le marketing internet... et merci à vous de faire partie de ce forum Webmarketing 3.0!